Thursday, April 16, 2009

WANTED: One Fairy Godmother

Now accepting applications for a Fairy Godmother. Must provide own wand. Job requirements include the ability to provide a clean house instantly, laundry cleaned and put away at a moment's notice, instant delivery of groceries and household items, and providing a full night's sleep.

Seriously, while all that would be nice, I don't have my head so far in the clouds to actually think a sweet little old lady is going to appear in front of my eyes faster than I can say "bippity boppity boo." But wouldn't it be nice if it would happen? Jackson was extra gassy - and therefore extra fussy - Monday and he wanted nothing more than to be held and cuddled since he didn't feel well. I absolutely love and adore holding and cuddling him. But I try not to do it ALL the time because (a) I don't want him to think he needs to ALWAYS be held and cuddled, and (b) if I did, I would NEVER get anything done around my house. Monday, however, was an exception since I could tell he wasn't feeling well. After a while though I decided I needed help, so we packed up and went to my parent's house so that Nana could help comfort him too. (and I could go to the bathroom in peace without hearing him scream in protest to being put down. ) We ended up staying there a couple of nights. So, add together the time I spent Monday holding him rather than taking care of stuff around the house, plus Monday evening through Thursday late afternoon not being home, and the things I try to do when Jackson sleeps piled up. I have laundry in both the washer and dryer right now. Thankfully, I wasn't home to make a mess in the kitchen and I did get the trash out to the curb for pickup before I left. I usually try to take care of the deeper cleaning things (mopping, laundry, bathroom clean-up, etc) while Jackson naps. So now I get to play catchup. So, if you know of a Fairy Godmother looking for work, send her my way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have a baby sling? If you don't, you need one. It will make your life infinitely easier.

Sorry about the Fairy Godmother. As many mommies as I know, and as many of us have wished for one, I've yet to see one show up.

The laundry and dishes will wait ... the baby will grow up when you're not looking. Let the house go - it'll be ok. :)

Anonymous said...

one other thing .... gas drops!