Daniel with country star Aaron Tippen. His unit did security detail when Aaron was there to perform with the USO. Daniel said he is super nice and took lots of time for pictures and autographs. When Daniel told him thanks for coming over, he told him "no man, thank you for what you do." I've always liked his music but knowing he was so nice and thankful to the soldiers raised him up a couple more notches to me.
Daniel (front row on the left) with other US and Kuwait soldiers. He's dressed in cold weather gear because he had been in the gunners spot (or as I call it, the hole in the top) of the vehicle.
The above four pictures were all taken at a Kuwait fire house. (The same fire house where Daniel rode a horse for the first time, ever.) The first and second pictures are his squadron with the Kuwait firemen. The third is Daniel wearing an official Kuwait firefighter cap, and the fourth is Daniel with his Squadron leader, hanging out at the fire house.
This one is Daniel at the border to Saudi Arabia. (I think it's Saudi Arabia. It was kinda late and I was sleep deprived when we looked at the pics and I saved them. If I'm wrong, he'll tell me and I'll correct it.)
I have always said Daniel could sleep anywhere!! This one is inside their vehicle.
The Kuwait locals love American soldiers. These two pictures were taken at a Kuwait market. The men asked Daniel to take pictures with them.
After encountering many camels, Daniel had this to say: "Camels are more stupid than cows. At least cows know to get out of the way. Camels just stand there and look at you." I'm guessing that means they've had their path blocked more than once by a camel in the road.
Daniel with some British soldiers. Daniel's group is allowed to wear civies a lot of the time. I told him he looks out of place in this picture. hahaha.

No comments:
Post a Comment