Easter is this weekend. I'm both excited about it and sad. Excited because it's Jackson's first holiday. Sad because it's his first holiday, and his Daddy isn't here to celebrate it with us. We're going to go to my uncle's house. It's a joint family celebration for both Easter and for my aunt's retirement. It'll be the first time that most of my aunts and uncles meet Jackson and my nephew Landon. It will also be the first time I meet the new spouses of a couple of cousins, so it should be a fun time. I got Jackson an Easter basket. It's blue camo. The way it's made, it's actually a blue camo hat that will come apart from the actual basket. I'll post pictures of it later, along with pictures of Jackson in his Easter outfit. Daniel picked out the outfit while he was home. It's really cute, khakis, a polo shirt and vest. He looks adorable in it.
Jackson and I are doing fine. He's had a little bit of a stuffy nose, but no fever or anything. He's really a good baby. He usually only cries when he's hungry or needs to be changed. I'm hoping he stays that way and doesn't turn into a cranky baby. We're still working on sleep patterns. Last night, he slept well from 9pm to 1 am. But, from 1 am to almost 3 it was time to be awake, according to him. He almost always wakes up anywhere from 10:30 to 12pm. Some nights he goes right back to sleep after being changed and fed, but others, like last night, he decides he should be a night owl. I should be going to bed early when he goes to sleep for the first time at night, but I've tried it, and I just lay there awake until 11-12pm. But I can usually catch a nap late mornings or early afternoons when he sleeps. While I'd like more of a long stretch of sleep, I'm not feeling too tired. Most days, anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment