Friday, April 3, 2009
A new admiration
After Daniel left Sunday to head back to Kuwait, I wasn't quite ready to face going home alone. Well, alone with a newborn and no other adult for company. So Jackson and I stayed at my parent's all week. When they weren't at work or asleep they helped me, by fixing bottles, entertaining Jackson while I fixed bottles, listening for him while he slept and I ran a couple of errands, etc. There was even once when I felt helpless with middle of the night cries that I called in for backup...my Mommy! lol. (Turns out Jackson was extra gassy that night. From now on when he's cranky like that, gas will be the first thing I think of. Hopefully that won't happen again...gas drops have since been a lifesaver.) During the days and most nights though, I was on my own. (Other than that one night, I avoided bothering my parents as much as possible. Didn't want to come to rely on them too much. After all, we had to come home sometime, and there's no "crutch" here.) After the past week, even with all the help from my parents, I have come to have a new admiration for single parents. I always thought being a single parent was hard work, but I had just no clue how much work it was. So if you are a single parent, I applaud you. And if you know a single parent and have the time/resources, take a minute to ask them if there is anything they need help with. I'm sure they will appreciate it more than you will know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment