Saturday, April 18, 2009

Random Things, Vol. 3

1. I am SOOOO incredibly thankful that I live so close to my parents and that they are so willing to help me. A couple of days ago, I wasn't feeling too great. I wasn't sick, but my stomach just felt "weird". Later that night, around 10, it went from weird to full blown sick. Lemme tell ya, trying to take care of a baby while being sick is no picnic. I tried to tough it out but around 1 am, I gave in and packed Jackson up and we headed to my parents for help. They took over for the rest of the night so I could get some rest. (For the record, whatever stomach bug I had is now, thankfully, gone.)

2. I'm glad I don't live up in the Northern part of the country. Right now, my brother is stuck in Wyoming with roads closed due to snow. I can imagine just how bored and frustrated he is wanting to get home. (He works for a hot shot service hauling stuff in case you are wondering why he is in Wyoming.)

3. My nephew just turned six months old and got his first tooth. I like the fact that he and Jackson are so close in age, cause it kinda gives me a timeframe reference for when Jackson will be hitting milestones.

4. While I much prefer the warmer spring weather over the cold winter weather, I'm also dreading spring/summer weather as well. For one reason alone. Lawn-mowing. Anyone who has read this blog for a while knows just how much I don't like mowing the lawn. Before I would suck it up and do it. But now, with Jackson I am not sure what I am going to do about it. I hate to pay someone to do it, but I may break down and have to. So much for trying to save money.

5. I dislike standing in line at the post office. But, I have a box to send to Daniel so I guess I'd better wrap up this post and go do it.

No comments: