There really is no rhyme or reason to the things I'm going to post about today. Just some things that are on my mind.
1. Went to the doctor yesterday. I passed my glucose tolerance test that I took last week. Everything else looks good. I go back in two weeks instead of three because my doctor will be visiting family out of state in three weeks. I'm going to call later to sign up for a childbirth class. I'll be making my mom go with me in Daniel's place.
2. I'm still waiting to hear the decision on the telephone appeals hearing. It's only been 3 business days so I don't expect to hear anything too soon. Hopefuly by mid week next week. I'm just glad that it's over. Didn't realize how anxious I had been about it until it was over and I felt the relief.
3. Nothing new on the job search front. But then again, did I really expect anyone to hire me when they can see I'll need maternity time off soon? Not so much.
4. With the lack of a job, I think I watch too much television. Maybe it's due to pregnancy hormones, but things on television annoy me more than they should. For instance, there is a commercial about some kind of whole pepper grinder thing. It shows a little girl with her stuffed animals and she's giving them cooking lessons and telling them to not forget the fresh ground pepper. Then her mom is looking for the pepper, so little girl takes it in from her room to the mom in the kitchen. Something about the kid actually playing with the real pepper just irks me. Don't they make kitchen playsets that have a toy pepper shaker? Of all the things for a kid to play with.
5. On the subject of commercials: I like the background music for the Progressive one that talks about their concierge service.
6. Another proof I watch too much television: I think I need to not watch A Baby Story anymore. (for those who don't know, A Baby Story is a 30 show that focuses on a different labor/delivery story each episode on the learning channel.) The reason I need to not watch it has nothing to do with the labors freaking me out or worrying me. No, the reason I need to stop watching is because the people who sign up to be on that show are typically the kind of people who sign up because they have very strong viewpoints that "their way" is the only "right" way when it comes to labor, deliveries, and babies. For instance, on one episode, the couple were adamant that the labor and delivery be 100% natural, no pain meds of any kind. Which is great and wonderful for some people. If that's what you believe and what will work for you, great, go for it. But don't go on tv and talk about how selfish the mothers who chose to have pain meds are, and how they are "taking away" from their babies. Yep, I realize that pain meds during labor have side effects. I have read and done my research on pain meds. Not yet 100% sure I will have them, not 100% sure I am going to completely avoid them. That said, I don't think I will be less of a mother if I do have them, and I darn sure won't consider myself to be some kind of super mom if I resist. And it's not just the pain meds during labor debate. There are couples on that show with extreme viewpoints on things from sleeping with your child in the same bad, breast vs bottle feeding, cloth diapers, etc. I don't think any of them are wrong if they are doing what works for them. I just don't agree with making sweeping assumptions that people who don't do exactly as they do are "wrong." ( I really should say that I have seen episodes with couples who do not have extreme opinions and those don't get my blood pressure going.)
7. We have no pets, but I have always considered myself to be more of a dog person than a cat person. i haven't changed my mind on that position, however I must say that cats have an advantage in that they don't keep neighbors up with never-ending barking. I wish the dogs in my neighborhood came with mute buttons. It's like they are competing or something.
8. It's more comfortable for me to sleep on my couch than it is in my bed. I think this is due to the fact that I can sleep on my side with my back up against the back of the couch. I have been getting more rest since making this change. Well, other than the fact that my bedroom is further from the barking dogs and I now hear them more.
9. A plus to sleeping on the couch is that the bed stays made.
10. I am having a hard time deciding on a crib. There's just too many options for style, finish, price, etc. Seriously thinking about going to babies r us, closing my eyes and just pointing.
OK, there it is. (Some of) My random thoughts going on right now. Hope you enjoyed reading and are having a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment