Saturday, January 31, 2009

Free Stuff! And other news

I went to a childbirth education class today. I didn't really learn anything "new" so to speak. Most of what was presented was things I've read in the books I have. But, it was nice to get clarification on a few things and find out how things are generally done at the hospital where I'll be delivering. There was a trivia game with prizes for correct answers, so I got some freebies from that. They also had diaper bags for all the mommies-to-be with samples, coupons, brochures, etc. They said they had one that "extra" stuff loaded in it. They drew for that one, and I won. So I had extra samples and coupons, plus a whole package of newborn diapers and wipes and other stuff. Free stuff is always good, right?

In other news, Daniel called last night. He's doing fine. He just hadn't really been able to call due to his work schedule and the time difference between here and there. He actually called while our niece and nephew were with me, so they got to say hello to him and talk for a few minutes. I know they were excited. A few days ago Dakota told me that he was ready for the end of March to hurry and get here. When I asked him why he said "Because Uncle Daniel gets to come home for a little bit and it will be close to Jackson being here." Then he said "I don't know which one I'm more excited about." He's such a funny little guy. And he's a terrific big brother to his siblings. He was only about 3 when his little sister was born, and even at that young age, he was always very sweet to her. Now with his three month old baby brother, he's awesome. He said something one day about the fact that Jackson wouldn't have a big brother to watch out for him, but he reassured me by saying "it's ok, he's got a big cousin and that's almost just as good." Yes, it is. I hope one day Jackson realizes as much as I do how blessed we are to have such a wonderful family.

No comments: