Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rough night

So yesterday around 6 pm Daniel called. He was at the terminal waiting to board the plane that would take him away. Once he got down there back in August, we figured out his cell phone was actually in roam, so instead of running up a big cell bill, we bought a tracfone and set it up with a Ft. Hood area number. When he called last night, he had about 30 minutes left on it, and said he wanted to call while he knew he had time to talk and that later he might not be able to. So we talked and said our goodbyes. I was going to go with my Mom to take my neice and nephew out for Halloween, cause their mom wasn't feeling well. So, I pulled it together and we took them. They had lots of fun, and made a very cute little witch and a handsome motocross racer. Around 10 my phone rang and it had a Ft. Hood area code but I didnt know the number. Immediately my mind raced to assuming bad had happened (I have GOT to stop doing that) so I answered. It was Daniel again. They had about 30 minutes to go before boarding the plane. He had been waiting for pay phone to use his calling card and one of the officers that was there gave him a cell to use. So we talked one last time and then he had to go. At this point in time, I literally have no idea where in the world my husband is. I think he said all total it is supposed to be a 13 hour flight. Now, if that's 13 hours in the air plus any stops they have to make for fuel and such, or if it's 13 hours including the stops, I don't know. Either way, as of right now I doubt he's made it to the final destination yet. He was told the first few weeks will be chaotic but as soon as he can get to either a phone or email access he will let me know that he arrived safely. I didn't sleep well last night. It was after 2 am before I finally fell asleep and I kept waking up during the night. A friend of mine called this morning to see if I needed an escape from reality and home, so she'll be here before long and we're going to go shopping. I think an escape is just what I need right now. Once again, I am incredibly thankful for my awesome friends and family. They just keep pulling me through. Once I hear from Daniel, I will update. Until then, please keep us both in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you both. I'm glad your friend is coming over to help you keep your mind off of it. I can't even imagine how hard this must be. :(