Today was Monday. Normally, I don't look too forward to Mondays. After having the weekends to sleep late if I want, be lazy and relaxed, usually without a real schedule, Mondays always seem to come too soon and be somewhat hectic. But I didn't have any of that hectic feeling today. Nope, today was my first day of unemployment. Well, techinically since I was let go last Friday, Saturday was, but that didn't really count. It was an odd feeling waking up and not having to look at the clock to see what time it was, and not having to think about being on a set time frame. As a matter of fact, I didn't even sleep at home last night. I stayed at my parents house. (I've done that a few times since Daniel's been gone. Partly to beat loneliness, and partly because their guest bed is tons more comfortable than my own bed. My own bed didn't used to bother me until I got pregnant. Now that I am sleeping on my side, I hate it!!) I stayed pretty busy for most of the day. My mom will be having her Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. While I was there, I did some house cleaning to help get things ready for this weekend when we are all there. I did go Friday afternoon to the local unemployment office and I got my claim information all started. Hopefully there won't be any problem with it and I'll at least have some money coming in from that while I try to find another job. And hopefully the DFAS (defense finance and accounting service, aka Army pay dept.) will hurry up and get Daniel's pay straightened out. He gets paid twice a month, and it's direct deposit. They have a website set up where you can see the electronic pay stub copy a week and half or so in advance of the actual deposit date. It's been updated to show the deposit for the first, and they still don't have the combat/hazard duty pay on there! I sent him an email to let him know and he responded with an 'I know, they are working on it.' Ahh, the Army and it's '"hurry up and wait". Lovely. Anyway, things here are moving along. I finished my 21st week of pregnancy, so I am now officially more than halfway there. I've been on a mission to find a dresser that was a certain size for Jackson's room, and I was just about to give up. But I finally found what I wanted last weekend. I already had a crib, so now all that's left to buy big-item wise is the crib mattress. The room that will be the nursery already had a big bookshelf that I am gonna use as storage. And we already had a rocker. I think my Dad is planning on painting and replacing the ceiling fan this weekend for me. Then we will put up new blinds and it should be ready to start bringing in the cute little details. i got some wooden letters that are about 4 inches high and I'm gonna put his name on the wall over the crib. I got those painted and ready the day the ultrasound said it was a boy. I can't wait until it stops looking like a storage room and actually looks like a baby's room!
Well, that's all the update I have for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Being unemployed rocks. Except for the whole no money issue. Not so rockin.
Hey! I would agree with MommyMerchant, totally! Having worked continuously (except for the too infrequent and always toooo short vacations) since 1984...unemployment for 7 months was the best respite that I ever experienced! If only I wouldn't have had to stress out about money!
Post a Comment