Friday, November 28, 2008

Amazing People

It would be so very easy for me to be sad or upset about lots of things. I mean, let's face it, my husband is on the other side of the world, I'm currently unemployed, and as much as I love the idea of becoming a Mommy, being pregnant is not exactly a walk in the park, and I'm doing it without Daniel hear to listen to me whine. But despite all those factors, I know that I am incredibly blessed to have such wonderful, amazing people in my life. I have one friend who always used to send crazy text messages throughout the day when I was dealing with my former boss and she was being, let's just say less than pleasant. This same friend started a project for four classes at her daughter's school - Daniel's alma mater- to have supplies and items donated to be sent to Daniel to share with his fellow soldiers. That project ended up getting 5 boxes filled with items to be sent. When I mentioned the project at my church, in no time at all, I had people coming up to me and giving me cash or checks to help with the cost of shipping those boxes over. I have lots of friends who call or send me emails just to say "I'm thinking of you" and "do you need anything?". All of my friends have families of their own, and they all work, and have other things going on, so it's not like they are just bored and asking. I know they ask because they truly care. Those same friends are the ones who see through when I sometimes say "no, I'm fine" when what I really mean is "this toally sucks!" (Luckily, they also know that sometimes fine really does mean fine, and they have learned to tell the difference.) There are some people that I don't have lots of contact with, but they do leave comments here or send me emails to say they agree with something I posted, or at least something to let me know they read it and I'm not just talking to myself on this blog. I have an absolutely, wonderfullly amazing family that I can count on for anything. Today for instance, my parents came over and painted Jackson's room for me. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of what they do for me, even when Daniel is home. Not to mention my extended family...they are incredible, too. I just don't think I have enough room to list everything here, and I certainly don't want to forget anyone. But I do have awesome people in my life, and I know I don't say thank you to anyone near as much as I should, but if you are reading this, please know that I do love and appreciate all you do for me, even if you are thinking to yourself "I don't really do anything, she doesn't mean me."

1 comment:

Kiesha Baggett said...

thats awesome that people do that for his guys! i adopted a soldier on soldiers angels, we write back and forth and i send packages to him. i'm glad you have people to keep your spirits up while daniels gone. If you ever want to hang out or get something to eat sometime let me know! i am going to colleg online, so i can pretty much do anything anytime while the girls are in school.