Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Lessons Learned
I've learned a few lessons over the last couple of days. I can be incredibly stubborn, hard-headed, and too proud for my own good sometimes. (No, that wasn't one of the lessons, I've known these things for a long time.) But I did learn that it's ok to admit when you need help and that being able to admit that doesn't make the people who love you think less of you or love you any less. I have awesome, incredible, fantastic family members and friends. (Again, that wasn't a lesson learned. I've known that fact for a while now, too.) But when I was being stubborn and trying to take on everything all by myself without admitting that I was in over my head and needed help, they reminded me just how great they are. I thought I could tough it out and just handle things alone while Daniel is gone, but it just felt like it all of a sudden overwhelmed me and started crashing down until I had one heck of a meltdown last night. That's when I learned lesson number two: that no matter how independent you are, or want to be, no one can do everything all alone, all of the time. I'm not going to single anyone in particular out, I'll contact people privately with my thanks. But I do want to thank all of my family and friends who read my updates here, who call or email to check on me, who pray for us, and who remind me that I am not all alone in this. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment