Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Alright then....

Well, it's been a few weeks since I posted. That's pretty much because there's not too much new to post. Daniel's doing well. He's recovering from a sprained ankle, but last I talked to him he said it's doing much better. He's actually had problems with that ankle for a several years. It tends to sprain more easily than it should. There have been a couple of different times when he was supposed to have been put on what they call a profile. In a nutshell, he still has to do PT, but with a profile, instead of having to run two miles in under x minutes, you have z minutes to walk the two miles. For whatever reason, it's always fallen through the administrative cracks and never been done. But now, after this last sprain, he is now on the permanent profile. So, no more running in PT tests. I think he's pretty happy about that. He'll be home for a few days towards the end of October for leave. I was told to check the schedule of the OKC Blazers and get tickets for a game for the weekend he's home. My husband, he has his priorities, let me tell ya. But the game should be fun, we both really like the Blazers. (which I still think is weird. Until he dragged me to my first game, I thought hockey was stupid. Go figure.) Now, if they would hurry up and put the tickets on sale, I'll be set. Games are scheduled but tix not on sale yet.

I am still trying to get away from all the extra girl scout volunteering I had been doing. After the last few weeks, all I can say is I am glad I got out when I did. It's gone from chaotic to completely beyond. (I had another phrase in place of beyond, but I decided I will be nice and not use that kind of language in mixed company.) I hate seeing the work that I and several of my friends did go down the toilet with all the changes that are being done, but it came to a point where I had to step away. I can't save the world. Or, in this case, I can't save the county. At this point all I can do is do the best I can for "my" girls, the ones who've been with me for 5 years now. And doing my best for them means I don't do all the extra crap that was stressing me out. The downside of that is that I now have extra free time. Which isn't really a bad thing, but with Daniel gone it can get boring at times. I want to start a new blog that's more strictly baby stuff, so I'll start on that as soon as I can decide on a cute/not already taken blog name. (Ideas are welcome here!) In the meantime, I should really start on cleaning OUT the house and get rid of all the stuff that accumulates over time. (I can picture Daniel reading this and panicking thinking "what of mine is she gonna get rid of while I am gone??" Don't worry honey....we'll go over what I plan to toss when you're home in a few weeks.)

OK, so that's my not too awfully exciting update for now. I am still doing fine as far as the baby is concerned. I just wish I could get at least some energy back.

2 comments:

MommyMerchant said...

So just how long does it take one to talk two miles? That sounds like my kinda sport. :) Love ya!

Christy said...

OK, first of all, I fixed the typo. That'll teach me to post when I am tired. (I really did read through it in an attempt to proof. So much for that.) And as far as talking two miles, I think that entirely depends on the subject being dicussed. I know comparing notes on crazy bosses would make those miles FLY!!