I thought I would start a new thing, and list the things you don't want to hear from your husband while he's training/deployed. I only have a couple so far, but I am sure there will be more to add to the list later. There are no real rules for what can/cannot go in this list. It's just gotta be something that Daniel said to me that made me cringe at the moment it was said, whether it was a "you've got to be kidding" cringe or a "I didn't need to know that" cringe. So now, for your reading pleasure, the first edition of things you don't want to hear.
1. "Don't worry, but they are taking me in to get x-rays." Mmmmmmmmm-kay. You possibly have broken bones but I am not supposed to worry?? Silly man. (FYI, the x-rays were fine. They did them after he sprained his ankle pretty badly.)
2. "We were doing training on spotting signs of IEDs." First, for those who don't know, IED= Improvised Explosive Device, aka roadside bombs, etc. While I am thankful for the fact that they are training the soldiers on how to look for these, it really sent chills down my spine to know that it's that much of a reality. I mean, ok, I knew it was always a reality, but I guess I didn't need confirmation of that reality.
More cringe worthy sayings to be shared as they occur.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Christy-
I caught up with all the posts on the page, and I will check back now and then, too! This is FUN!
Laura
Post a Comment