Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ultrasound was today

First of all, let me say that while I understand that having a full bladder helps the technician to determine where everything else is in proximity to the bladder, for the record, I think it's cruel and unusual punishment that they prefer you to go in with a full bladder. OK, that gripe is over with, onto the good stuff. First and foremost, everything with the baby looks to be healthy and well developed. I really didn't have any reason to be worried that it wasn't, but with this being my first pregnancy and all, it was a concern in the back of my mind. But everything looks good. Measurements showed that the baby is currently about 13 ounces. Or as the tech said, it weighs about as much as a can of coke. I was amazed at the images I saw on the screen. At one point, she checked the palate and the baby's nose and mouth were so crystal clear! All along, Daniel and I both thought that the baby was a girl. Several friends had also mentioned they thought it was a girl, too. Well, we were all wrong. The baby is a boy! (so much for my mother's intuition!) Since Daniel had been soooo sure it was a girl, I was almost nervous to tell him otherwise. I was afraid he'd be disappointed, I guess. But he called not long after I was done with the doctor and when I told him he was thrilled. I think his exact words were "Now I have someone to play with." That husband of mine...never gonna grow up, I tell ya! We had already decided on a line of baby items with a Rain Forest theme to them, and had planned on painting the baby's room a pale green to match that since it was a fairly neutral theme. We're still gonna go with that. (I just hope this baby likes green!)

1 comment:

Kiesha Baggett said...

thats awesome! i agree on the full bladder thing, just try having a internal ultrasound with a full bladder! it seems the hospital at ft. sill likes to do those, lol. i hated them, but the pics were always awesome. You should get a
3D ultrasound in a few weeks, those are cool