Sunday, June 29, 2008

Orders and doctors visits....the updates

The day we've been waiting for finally has arrived. Daniel got his "official" orders. No more waiting and guessing on when. He has to report to his home station on August 19, which is the date we had heard via the rumor mill. (Home station is the armory where he reports for drills/trainings.) So, really nothing new on that front, other than we finally have the confirmation we've been waiting for.

The other update I have comes from my visit to the surgeon about the knots/cysts on my head. My dad and grandma have both had them removed and they were done as in office visits. However, the doctor I saw explained that because of the fact that the head tends to bleed more profusely and because I have several that need to be removed instead of just one or two, he would only do the removal as a surgery option with me being under general anesthesia. I was quite startled to hear this actually, since I was fully expecting it to me like my dad's and grandmas was. I don't remember what reason I gave for not going ahead and scheduling it, but I didn't. To be completely honest, the thought of having to have surgery freaks me out. Not just a little, but a lot. I honestly walked out of the office thinking "ok, I will just deal with them and not have them removed." But between Daniel and my Mom's persuasion, I will go ahead and have it done. I'm going to call first thing Monday morning. I'm still not completely thrilled with the idea, and I am NOT looking forward to the fact that each spot will have to have a quarter sized or so shaved spot around it. (did I mention the doctor said he will use blue stitches? something about so they can be monitored and when it comes time to take them out they won't miss any.) So, I will not only have small bald spots, but they will feature blue stitches. Yay.

Anyway, those are the updates as they stand now. Oh, one other thing. I have had a couple of people tell me they can't sign my guestbook lately. I edited it and you should be able to sign now if you want. Just click on the link over to the right. When the previous entries come up, click on post in the middle and you can add your entry. Or, you can comment on individual posts without being registered w/blogger. Just click below where it shows the number of comments and it will take you there.

1 comment:

MommyMerchant said...

Gees, Christy. I know you mentioned a doctor's appointment Friday and I know you said you were really nervous, but you didn't ever get into why. Now I know! Have you scheduled the procedure yet?