Sunday, June 22, 2008

My husband, the soldier and....preacher??

We attend a very small church. Today after the service, Daniel and our preacher disappeared for a while. I knew Daniel had wanted to talk to him about some things before he goes, so I just entertained the grandson of one of the members who was helping get things set up for VBS this week while I waited. They came in and Daniel says to me "Honey, guess who's doing the sermon on August 3?" Yep, my husband is going to lead a sermon. He has an idea/theme of what he's going to say but he needs to work on it. I asked him why he decided to do it and he said it's just something he wants to do. Sort of his deployment version of a "bucket list". Rod, our preacher is great and is all for him doing it. So if any of you reading are close enough to attend, you can be there for Daniel's debut. I have a feeling I may be more nervous than he is that day!

No comments: