Monday, June 16, 2008
I think I am in the wrong line of work
So, in my next life I think I'm gonna learn to be a tattoo artist. Daniel had talked about getting a tattoo of his dog tag information (AKA a "meat tag") done on his ribcage. (The theory is that a tattoo can't be lost or stolen should something happen. The nickname of calling it a meat tag comes from the fact that in some cases, it serves as the only identifying piece left. A sad and sobering thought, but a true one.) Anyway, the last couple of times Daniel has had tattoo work done, he has gone to one particular guy at one certain shop (which I won't name) and at one point they had talked about it and the guy had given him a ballpark figure of around $80. So, Friday we went up there to see about getting it done. That guy doesn't work at that shop anymore. And the guy who was there that night looked at what Daniel wanted and told him it would be at least $250-300. For his name, SSN, a line that says "O Pos/No Penicillin" and one that says "Christian". Admitedly, I have never had a tattoo done, nor do I have any idea how much the supplies and tools cost, but $250 for four lines of text? And, the guy said that was "cutting you a deal since you are military." I don't think thats much of a deal. But then again, what the hell do I know? So yeah, in my next life I think I'm gonna learn to be a tattoo artist. In the meantime, since it looks like it's gonna cost 3 times what we were planning on paying we're gonna wait unil it gets closer to time for Daniel to leave for Hood before we go get it done. Two months and counting......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment