Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Prayers, please

I have an appointment on Friday afternoon with a surgeon. For as many years as I can remember, I have had knots on my scalp. For a long time, it was just one, and it was fairly small, but over time the first one has grown and new ones have popped up. My dad and grandma have both had them, and they are just harmless cysts. The only time any of them ever bother me is when I accidentally hit them with the hairbrush. Lately though the original one bothers me if I wear a ball cap. Since they've never bothered me, and since I was always kind of afraid of having them removed, I've never done anything about them. But, I have been a chicken long enough. So, I have an appointment Friday. When I made the appointment, I asked if it was just going to be a consult and schedule another one for actually removing them, or if they would just go ahead and do it then (it's just an in office procedure to remove them). The nurse wasn't sure, said the doctor will take a look and see what he wants to do. The closer it gets to Friday, the more nervous I get. (I admit, going on the internet and reading info on the hows and details of removing them didn't help me.) Anyway, if you would, take a minute and remember me that I will stay calm if the doctor actually does the procedure to remove them Friday, or that I will keep from going crazy thinking about it if he schedules it for later. Thank you.

No comments: