Monday, June 2, 2008
gloomy & lonely
Well, we're down to less than a week until Daniel comes home. So I feel like I should be feeling more happy and excited. Instead, for some reason, today I feel more gloomy and lonely than I have in the last couple of weeks. Can't quite pinpoint it, other than the obvious. While he's been gone, I've kept myself busy. Got lots of deep cleaning done on my house and hauled off three huge boxes to Goodwill, with another box or two to take. Watched my brother's first - and hopefully, last- sprint car flip. Finished a book I had started quite a while ago. Got my home office crap all organized. I'm gonna help with Relay For Life this Friday. I should feel like I've accomplished something, but instead I just feel all lost and alone. I hope this isn't an indication of how I'll feel a majority of the time come August. As of now, it looks like Daniel will have to report to leave for Fort Hood on Tuesday, August 19th. At least he won't miss our anniversary....not this year's anyway. But according to the Army Times newspaper, his unit will be deployed by sometime in October. We had been thinking he would have 90 days at Hood, which would be over sometime in November, so we were - well, I was, anyway - hopefull that Daniel would at least get to spend Thanksgiving at home. Apparently not. I think that's got a lot to do with my mood. I usually love the holidays, but I know this year's will be extra hard. Kinda makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Like I said...it's one of those days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry you're having a hard day. Wish there was something I could say to make it all better. You guys will love San Antonio. Damon and I are planning to go back again...without the kids! We should do lunch one day...
Post a Comment