Saturday, December 20, 2008
so much for good news
I got the notice in today's mail that my former boss did, indeed, file an appeal to my being able to get unemployment benefits. I got a date, time, and phone number that I will have to call into a telephone hearing in a few weeks. I had really hoped that it wouldn't come to this. I have enough stress in my life right now....I don't need to deal with this crap, too. I just don't understand how this can happen. I mean, I did everything in what I thought was the right way. I didn't have to let her know as soon as I did that I am pregnant. Most pregnancy books say to wait until the second trimester. I didn't. I thought it would be better for me to tell her sooner than that because I knew my due date fell right in the middle of tax season. That, and I decided I'd rather be up front and honest with her than have morning sickness and have her wonder why I was running to the bathroom more often. All doing the "right thing" did was give her more time to find my replacement, tell me she no longer needed me, and then appeal and try to say I don't deserve unemployment benefits. I know there are people out there who "work the system" and get away with it. Why am I being punished and forced to prove myself when I am not one of those deadbeats??? Why am I being screwed when what I did was what I thought was right? Why does everything have to be so hard? Why does all this shit have to happen when my husband is on the other side of the world and can't be here for me when I need him? I've had people make comments to me about how I'm "strong' to do all this alone while Daniel is gone. I hate to say it, but if this is where strong gets me, I'm tired of it. Christmas is less than a week away, and I hate the thought of facing it alone. Jackson is starting to kick now, and I hate the fact that Daniel will miss being able to feel it. I hate how quiet and lonely this house feels. A huge part of me wishes I could just turn in my "adult card" and stop being responsible for all the things I am responsible for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Christie-
Remember I told you the "system" is favors the employee...hence the determination letter in your favor. BUT, the "system" must also make sure that the employer has every chance to tell their side, so that when they make the determination in your favor AGAIN. They have an "iron-clad case" and don't have to be bothered with the employer again. (they would much rather deal with you then an angry employer)
When you get to the phone interview, maintain your composure, tell the truth (especially because the truth is: the employer screwed up!) And let her (your former boss) be the one to go crazy on the phone.
Post a Comment