Since the last couple of posts I have made have been gripe sessions about my former boss, I thought I would do an update on other stuff that's been going on. Honestly, not much is happening. I've been working on decluttering and organizing the house, but it's going slowly. Partly due to a lack of motivation on my part, and partly due to the fact that when I do get motivated, I am deliberately doing things slowly. I don't want to overdo anything. Besides, once I am done, I don't know what project to do next, so I am stretching this one out. I got my Christmas shopping done, but I need to wrap things up. I had bought a little 12" battery powered fiber optic tree in late October. It's the only decoration I've bothered with. Everything else is out in our storage shed. I know I could get someone to haul it all out for if I wanted, but I didn't feel like putting it all up for just me to see. One of my former Girl Scouts invited me to their Christmas program tonight. Maybe going will put me in more of a Christmas mood. Not that I am currently anti-Christmas or anything...it's just hard to get into it with Daniel gone. My parents got the baby's room painted. I go back to the doctor next Tuesday. Everything has been fine at my last few checkups. Daniel's doing ok. He called about a week and a half ago. My friend got a project going at her daughter's school and the kids brought in items for the soldiers. We shipped out 6 boxes to him to share with other guys in his squadron. He called to let me know he had received them and that everything was well appreciated. I'm sending letters of thanks and some pictures of the guys to the classes that participated, and when Daniel is home on leave in April, we're going to see about making arrangements for him to go to the school one afternoon to meet the kids, show pictures he's taken, etc.
Like I said when I started, there isn't much to update since I haven't been doing much, so that's about all I have to post for now. Other than thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers for us while Daniel is gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm glad your doing alright, i worried about you being without daniel at christmas! Misson Compassion is going well so far, the story on the front of the paper was awesome! I have already been getting calls from local businesses about donating items. I believe daniel is in the group of soldiers we will be sending things to in march, i know i saw you at the ford center when they had the going away thing. Billie (angel englands brother) was in that group too. If daniel can get me some addresses for troops that would be great, i am going to send out a email asking for LOCAL troops that are over there so i know they get a box first! The myspace page has had alot of buzz also!
Post a Comment