Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finally, some good news

I got some good news today regarding my unemployment claim. When I saw I had a letter from them, I assumed it would be the notice telling me my former boss had appealed, and the next step is the telephone hearing, and here's when to call, etc. Instead it was a notice of determination that shows I am allowed benefits because discharge for misconduct was not shown. It says evidence indicated employer did not expect claimant to be able to continue performing her job duties. (FYI, for those that don't know, I was the receptionist/office assistant. I don't see how pregnancy can interfere with duties such as answering the phones, typing, filing, etc.) I am not 100% relieved, as former boss has 10 days from the date of this letter to file an appeal. I know there still can be an appeal, and this determination can be changed, but I do feel lots better knowing that at least at this stage, it's not looking like it will be a huge uphill fight for me. Trust me, I would much rather find another job instead of making roughly 60% of what I had been, but in this ecomony, and at this time of the year, knowing this phase went in my favor does take a ton of stress off of me. For those of you who having been keeping me and my situation in your prayers, thank you, and please continue to do so, in case there is an appeal and another delay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy! Glad to see some good news on the horizon. I can't get on my myspace page right now so I thought I would leave this message for you here. I hope all else is getting a little easier for you. I'm excited for you about getting so much done on Jackson's room. Catch ya later. Love ya

Des