Wednesday, April 23, 2008

100% pure sympathy plea

Alright, here's some news that is non-deployment related. I now have a broken toe. It hurts like nothing I can describe. And there's not a darn thing I can do about it. That's the part that really stinks. I just have to suck it up and go on. (It's a good thing I am the one that wears flip-flops in this relationship, since those are the only shoes I can wear without pain.) For anyone curious enough to wonder just how I managed this feat, read on. I was cleaning the house getting ready for a meeting I was hosting. I was dusting and picked up one of those big jar candles - the kind with a lid. I don't exactly know what happened. Whether I had the furniture polish on my hand to make it slick, or whether I had the lid and not the jar, or maybe both....it slipped and seemed to make a beeline straight for my toe. Now it's several shades of purple and red, with swelling to match. So there it is, my sob story of the day. Feel sorry for me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy -- you and my daughter have matching toes. We joke about it's many changing colors -- sort of like a mood ring. Hope it's feeling better soon.

Terri

MommyMerchant said...

Uhh, yeah! Ouch. I'm sitting here with my left leg up on the chair because my ankle is swollen and throbbing. I was sorta kidding when I said I kicked that treadmill's ass.