Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm not that brave

Back about six or so months ago, when rumblings of a pending deployment started, one of my friends made a comment to me. It was "I can't believe you are being so brave. I'd be a wreck if I were you." I thought about it at the time, and decided it's not that I am all that brave....more of the fact that I am too damn stubborn to be as afraid as I should be. (I can hear certain friends and family laughing as they read that and see me admitting to being stubborn.Yes, I admitted it, so there!) That stubborn-ness makes me push through the worry and the anxiety and put on a brave face. But the truth is, I'm not that brave. I do worry. I will worry every day from now until the day Daniel comes home. Right now, there are some days when the worry is worse than others. I am sure once the actual deployment gets here, those days will come more often. Until then, I have four months to make the most out of the time we have before he leaves for training. But in the meantime, if I seem to be down or having an "off" day, bear with me. It just may be one of those days that's a little harder than others.

Photobucket

No comments: