Yes, I am still alive and well. No, I didn't break my computer or lose my internet connection. I've just been busy doing things other than blogging. Nothing big, special, or super important, I've just not been in a bloggy kind of mood. Lemme see if I can do a run down on the happenings around here lately.
Daniel is doing fine. He should be home sometime in August. Hopefully before our 10th anniversary on the 14th. (Speaking of, my mom found a bottle of champaign that my uncle gave us for our wedding. Does champaign age like wines or should I chunk it in the trash? Was thinking it might be neat to have for our celebration. Anyone know?)There's really not a lot of news from his front, other than he is ready to come home.
Jackson is doing great. I got a little freaked out at his two month appointment. His doctor was concerned that his breathing rate was elevated, so instead of doing the shots that day, he sent us to have blood work and a chest xray done. They both came back fine. I was just told to call the doctor if Jackson starts breathing fast constantly or if his breathing becomes labored or seems off to me. He is growing fast! He was 13 lbs, 13 oz and 22 1/2 inches at his two month appointment. He has started to smile, and he has the CUTEST little dimples when he does. I think I may have an exhibitionist on my hands. When his diaper is being changed, he usually giggles once he's naked. Not sure if the air just feels good to him or what, but it's pretty funny. I just hope this doesn't mean he's gonna prefer to be naked. I have put the phone on speaker several times when Daniel has called, and when he hears Daddy's voice, he just looks at the phone kind of like "where's that voice coming from?" Sometimes he will talk back to Daddy with lots of goos and ahhs.
I'm doing ok. I'm dreading the fact that I am going to have to go back to work when Daniel comes home. As much as I would love to stay at home with Jackson, Daniel's civilian job doesn't pay as much as the Army does, so we gotta close that gap. I can already tell it's going to break my heart to have to leave him. I just keep telling myself that it'll be good for him, and that he needs to learn to interact and play with others. But even with that, truth be told, if there was a way for me to stay home and be able to stay on top of our bills, I would not be considering putting him in daycare. I know I have to be the grown up about it though, so I plan to cherish as much time as possible for the next few months. I'm also not looking forward to the whole find a new job process. Ugh. Lately I have been dealing with insomnia. Not a fun thing to do. But I think it's slowly getting better. (she says as it's 1:24 am as she types.) Eventually I will get back to a normal schedule.
Thats all that I really have to update. Now you know why the blog has been slow....there hasn't been much to report. But we are all doing well, and are very appreciative of all the people who continue to pray for us, and keep in touch to make sure we are ok. Maybe next time I will find something more exciting to blog about. Til then.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment