Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Perspective

Last night was a very tiring and frustrating night for me. Jackson has entered a phase of not wanting to go to sleep. I don't know if he's got days and nights confused or what, but I was so exhausted last night and his refusal to sleep was driving me crazy. But this morning, I read news that put things in perspective. A few weeks ago, my friend Christie sent me a link to a website about a little miracle named Kayleigh Anne Freeman. She was born 3 months early weighing only one pound. The blog was made by her parents with updates on all the struggles and breakthroughs that Kayleigh had gone through. This morning I saw the update that I most didn't want to see. Little Kayleigh passed away last night. Suddenly, my feelings of tiredness faded away as I held Jackson a little closer. Last night in my frustration, I remember saying "please Lord, let him go to sleep." This morning, I remembered to say a prayer of thanks for the fact that my son is happy and healthy - something that I don't say as often as I should. I know that Kayleigh is in a much better place now, and she is whole and healthy while she waits for her mommy & daddy to someday join her. My prayers and thoughts are with the Freeman family today, even though I'v never met any of them. Her parents showed an amazing display of faith through everything their family has been through. You can read all the updates at www.kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com.

No comments: