So, Daniel left this morning. He'll spend the next 4 days at the armory in Weatherford, and then will leave out at 1 am Saturday morning headed to Fort Hood. I have such a wide range of emotions, it's hard to describe. (I'm sure the fact that I am pregnant is also contributing to the vast array of ups and downs as well.) In a sense, when he left this morning, it almost felt as if it was just another drill weekend. Granted, it's not the weekend, but I know he's only in Weatherford, and I'll see him again on Friday evening. But then at the same time, it broke my heart because I knew it would be the last time he's in our house for a while. Both of us had a very hard time sleeping last night. The last few days have been like an emotional roller coaster. Saturday's deployment ceremony was, surprisingly, the easiest for me. I expected to cry through the entire thing, but amazingly, I didn't. I guess knowing we still had a few days helped. That, and the fact that I was concentrated on videotaping it. A few times I was able to zoom in pretty close on Daniel and I even caught him mid-yawn a couple of times. Sunday was another day closer to leaving day, but we had the Brooks & Dunn/ZZ Top concert to look forward to. (Daniel's mom got us tickets as a going away present for Daniel, which was very nice of her.) Monday was tough. Knowing it was the last day sucked. We went over so Daniel could see our niece and nephew before he left, and I almost couldn't handle it. Especially when our niece made a comment about wishing that our town held the whole world. After the four adults in the room looked at each other like "what IS she talking about??" she continued her explanation with "that way, when Uncle Daniel goes away, he'd still be here." Whoa. Daniel and I talked about it later and both agreed, it hit us both hard to hear her little 5 year old take on it.
Anyway, that's the update for now. So far, I am doing ok. Like I said, I know I'll see him again in a few days. But I make no promises as to how I'll hold up come Friday night and beyond.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment