Sunday, August 3, 2008
August already
Hard to believe, but August is here already. There is no more "Daniel leaves next month". Now it's all happening this month. He has one more week of working his civilian job, and then he's taking off a week before he leaves. He preached his sermon today. I was very proud of him, and thought he did a great job, as did everyone else in our church. I could tell he was nervous, and there was once when he did have to stop and find his spot again, but all in all, it was pretty smooth. I had an idea of what he was going to say, but I didn't get to hear any trial runs or practicing. I think I was almost as nervous as he was. But he did great. He did a comparison on being in the US Army and the Lord's Army. How they both require faith, strength, and have fear, etc. It was pretty good. Next week is the "Come Home Safely" reception for him at our church. Then after that....D-Day will be here before we know it. Not looking forward to that day, but I know it's inevitable and there isn't a darn thing I can do about it, so I am going to make the most out of the time we have left. So, if you come here looking for updates and there aren't any, don't worry, I'll be updating soon enough. Once Daniel goes, I will vent/gripe/post here more than ever, I am sure. Until then, if you are interested in attending the reception before he goes, please leave a comment or email or call me, and I will get you the details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment