Thursday, May 15, 2008

Holy Crap!!!

I just saw a news article about a 15 year old Girl Scout in Dearborn Michigan who sold 17,328 boxes of cookies. Herself. One girl. 17,328 boxes. Holy crap! I'm the service unit manager for 9 area Girl Scout troops, and that one girl sold more than my entire service unit!!! For the record, I was worn out after sorting and stacking cookies to get ready for my service unit order....I don't even want to think about what it would have been like sorting for her area!! I'm impressed with her dedication. And a little bit jealous of the money her troop earned....wish my troop had funds like that!

**Edited to add: Yes, I realize this post has absolutely nothing to do with deployment news. However, my life DOES happen to consist of more than just waiting on deployments. Yes, I'm an Army wife, but I'm also a daughter, sister, aunt, Girl Scout volunteer, etc, etc. I have more on my mind than just military stuff.

No comments: