Saturday, July 12, 2008
The Army Room, revisited
Those of you who've read my blog for a while now may remember a post I made back in April talking about our spare room and how it had turned into the Army room. I made a comment about how sad I would be in August when all the Army stuff was gone and it was empty again. It's not even August, and almost all of the Army stuff is gone. Basically, anything that Daniel will not need for the next month has already been loaded up and is in a trailer, ready to go to Fort Hood next month. And let me tell you, looking at that room, seeing all the Army gear gone, is soooo much worse than I thought it would be. I know it's just the "stuff" and that Daniel will still be home for another month, but knowing that it's gone and the fact that it's all loaded up is just another step in this process that I wish didn't have to happen. In a lot of ways, I hate this gradual process. Sometimes it seems it would be so much easier if we had been given only about a week's worth of notice. Dragging it out is killing me. Tomorrow is family day at the unit. Hopefully I can meet up with some other spouses and make some connections to have someone else who'll be going through this at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment