when you have a baby. It feels like just yesterday that I posted an update, but it's been a month. We are now on the home stretch towards Daniel coming home. If the dates they gave out at the reunion workshop hold up, we're down to a little less than 3 weeks left! Last time I talked to Daniel, he said the group to replace them had arrived and he was pretty bored since the replacements have taken over.
On the news front, I am now the wife of a Sergeant! Daniel got promoted!! I actually knew before he did. I logged in to see the exact amount of the next paycheck, and saw a weird amount on one of the stubs. When I looked at it closer, it was a pay adjustment for a promotion. I emailed him to ask why he hadn't told me. My email was the first he knew it it! Kind of funny when you think about it. Last I talked to him, they hadn't done the pinning thing....think they were waiting on a formation with everyone there. But it's done and official on the paperwork. We are very proud of him!!
Jackson is growing like a weed! He had his 4 month check up today, and is 18 pounds, 24 1/2 inches long, and healthy & happy. (For those of you who read his blog, I know, I know, I am late with his 4 month letter. Working on it, I promise.) He laughs all the time now, and makes some of the funniest faces. He usually has a great big grin when he sees himself in the mirror. He hasn't quite gotten the concept of reaching towards peopled he wants to go to...rather, he leans towards them with his whole upper body. It's pretty cute to watch. I think he is going to have Daniel's big feet. His cousin Landon is 9 months old, and Jackson's feet - at 4 months old - are just as big, if not bigger than Landon's.
I am doing the job search merry-go-round. Though it's not been as merry as I'd like it to be. I actually have two interviews lined up for tomorrow, so hopefully one of them will pan out. I would love more time with Jackson, but with Daniel coming home, the extra duty and combat pay stops. I'm ready for us to be a complete family again, so I'd rather go back to work and have Daniel home. I have a daycare selected, just waiting until I have to put him in to do so.
I have disliked the floor in our kitchen since we bought this house. I finally decided on the flooring I wanted to use...and that started a chain reaction of sorts. I have painted the walls, and now have plans to paint the cabinets. Me & my "small" projects that morph into bigger ones. LOL!I wasn't thinking about taking before & after photos before I painted, but I will take some before I start the cabinets.
Well, there you have it...the latest news from the Martin home front. I will update when I hear about a job and/or when I hear about Daniel's homecoming and/or I finish the kitchen. Whichever comes first....
Till then, thanks for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment